Full flexitank of sunflower oil. The cost of the flexitank is included in the final price. Refined sunflower oil is a stock product, so flexitank is the most optimal way to deliver over long distances. Usually flexitank comes in a 20 foot container.
Refined deodorized winterized bleached sunflower oil
Refined sunflower oil is the most popular product that is made from sunflower seeds. There are several reasons for this:
When frying, oil preserves the taste of food as much as possible
Longer shelf life (compared to unrefined oil)
The need of the world's population in vegetable fats is constantly growing
1. Global demand. The global production of all vegetable oils affects the price of each. For example, if somewhere on the islands of overproduction of palm oil, then the price decreases, not only for palm oil. Very high interchangeability.
2. Bureaucracy and VAT. Bureaucracy in Ukraine is a funny legacy of the USSR. In the Soviet Union, officials participated in all spheres of society. Today we have a traffic police, tax service that increase the cost of sunflower oil. Of course, this is not more than 10%, but in global competition these are crucial. Therefore, so many of our customers want to buy on CiF, DDP or DAP
3. Logistics. The condition of Ukrainian roads affects truck wear and shipping costs to the seaport. Also, the distance of production from the seaport affects the price. Most plants in western Ukraine are interested in selling sunflower oil to Europe and Belarus, while firms in South-Eastern Ukraine sell oil through sea ports.
4. Demand for by-products like sunflower cake and meal. Indeed, sometimes a small profit (even a loss) from the sale of sunflower oil can be compensated by selling cake. This situation is unstable. Sometimes we can get a profit / loss from both at the same time. But if we get a good income from the sale of sunflower meal, we can slightly reduce the price of refined oil.
5. Cost of bottling and packaging. Quality packaging and bottles. The density of the box and the bottle (and caps) is very important for calculating the price. We can use different materials for production. However, the retail client and HoReCa treat this differently. Also, the client's requirement for packaging is very different in different countries. Therefore, we have an individual approach to each client.
6.Sunflower crop in Ukraine, Russia, Argentina. Ukraine is the main producer of sunflower seeds and sunflower oil in the world.
Classical sunflower oil refining consists of 6 stages:
Hydration is removal of phospholipids from sunflower oil. because phospholipids form a precipitate during transport and storage. In the future, we can add phospholipids to sunflower oil, because it is useful for the human body as a whole and especially for the liver.
Next step is neutralization (alkaline cleaning). This part of the refining of sunflower oil is needed to loosen excess fatty acids.
The third stage is bleaching, i.e. adsorption refining. This is necessary for: bleaching oil, removing phospholipids, proteins, and soap.
The fourth stage of sunflower oil processing is freezing (winterization). This step removes waxes that usually precipitate.
The fifth stage of refining vegetable oil is neutralization. As a rule, it is alkaline neutralization, it is necessary to remove odorites.
The sixth level of purification of sunflower oil is deodorization. Deodorization is the removal of excess chemical and biological components that have odor and taste. deodorized vegetable oil should be tasteless and odorless